Drunken apricots with biscotti and cream
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus over night soaking
Sweet, boozy apricots with nutty pistachios and crunchy biscotti…a recipe made in Heaven.
- 26.2g (13.8g saturated)
- 26.6g (18.7g sugars)
- 12 ripe apricots
- 375ml sweet white wine such as monbazillac or muscat
- 40g shelled (unsalted) pistachios
- 65g biscotti or cantuccini biscuits, broken into large chunks
- 150ml double cream, chilled
- Quarter the apricots and discard the stones. Put the apricot quarters into a bowl and pour over the wine. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 24 hours (see Make Ahead). The next day, divide the apricots among 4 clean sealable jars. Divide half the wine evenly among the jars (strain and keep the rest to pour over fruit sorbets). Seal and chill.
- Lightly bash the pistachios in a pestle and mortar or roughly chop, then put with the broken biscotti in a sealable tub. Put the cream in a sealable bottle and keep chilled with the apricots in a cool box. To serve, drizzle cream over the apricots and top with the biscotti and pistachios.
Use any ripe fruit you like here – plums and figs would also work well.
You can leave the apricots to macerate in the wine for up to 48 hours in the fridge.
Rate & review