Drunken apricots with biscotti and cream
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus over night soaking
Sweet, boozy apricots with nutty pistachios and crunchy biscotti…a recipe made in Heaven.
- 26.2g (13.8g saturated)
- 26.6g (18.7g sugars)
- 12 ripe apricots
- 375ml sweet white wine such as monbazillac or muscat
- 40g shelled (unsalted) pistachios
- 65g biscotti or cantuccini biscuits, broken into large chunks
- 150ml double cream, chilled
- Quarter the apricots and discard the stones. Put the apricot quarters into a bowl and pour over the wine. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 24 hours (see Make Ahead). The next day, divide the apricots among 4 clean sealable jars. Divide half the wine evenly among the jars (strain and keep the rest to pour over fruit sorbets). Seal and chill.
- Lightly bash the pistachios in a pestle and mortar or roughly chop, then put with the broken biscotti in a sealable tub. Put the cream in a sealable bottle and keep chilled with the apricots in a cool box. To serve, drizzle cream over the apricots and top with the biscotti and pistachios.
Use any ripe fruit you like here – plums and figs would also work well.
You can leave the apricots to macerate in the wine for up to 48 hours in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Upside-down apricot cake with amaretto mascarpone cream
Our upside-down apricot cake is an easy but impressive summer bake recipe. Serve the apricot...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...