Apricot pastry whirls
- May 2012
- Makes 18 pastries
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook, plus chilling
This puff pastry recipe, made with marzipan, apricot compote and almonds, is both speedy and easy to prepare.
- 6.8g (2.5g saturated)
- 18.8g (12.2g sugars)
- 375g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 190g ready-made marzipan
- 2 tbsp apricot compote, plus extra
- 150g finely chopped soft dried apricots
- Handful toasted flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Unroll a 375g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Coarsely grate 190g ready-made marzipan. Sprinkle evenly over half the pastry, then fold over the other half of pastry to cover the marzipan.
- Roll out the pastry until it’s the same size it was originally (about 23cm x 25cm). Mix 2 tbsp apricot compote with 150g finely chopped soft dried apricots and spread evenly over the pastry. Taking a long edge, roll up the pastry into a tight roll. Using a sharp knife, slice the rolled pastry into 18 rounds, about 1.5cm thick.
- Chill on a lined baking sheet for 10 minutes, then bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. While still warm, glaze with a little more of the apricot compote and scatter with toasted flaked almonds. Serve immediately.
Rate & review