Easy homemade lemonade
- August 2009
- For lots of people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus chilling
A quick and easy summer classic, this fool-proof homemade lemonade recipe will become a favourite at family barbecues.
Or, for something a bit different, you could take a look at our raspberry lemonade.
- 6 lemons or 5 grapefruit
- 150g golden caster sugar
- Cut the lemons or grapefruit in half, squeeze out all the juice with a lemon squeezer, then pour it into a big jug and add the sugar.
- Carefully fill a mug of boiling water and pour into the jug with the lemon juice and sugar. Fill the mug again and add to the jug. Using a long-handled wooden spoon, carefully stir until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add 600ml cold water and mix everything together. Pour into bottles, put the lids on and leave them in the fridge overnight. The lemonade is now ready to drink.
- Pour the lemonade into tumblers, add lemon wedges and ice cubes and serve.
If you like the idea of making pink lemonade, just add a good splash of cranberry juice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Get the kids to make this easy lemonade recipe. The refreshing drink goes down well...