Fresh raspberry lemonade
- July 2012
- Makes approximately 1 litre
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 5 minutes to cook, plus cooling
Our homemade raspberry lemonade makes the perfect, refreshing summer drink.
PER SERVING (200ML) 222kcals, 0.4g fat (0.2g saturated), 1.6g protein, 56.8g carbs (54g sugars), trace salt, 3.6g fibre
- 225g caster sugar
- 500g raspberries
- 4-5 large unwaxed lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 litre fizzy water
- Ice, to serve
- Put 175g caster sugar into a pan with 250ml cold water and heat gently until clear. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Whizz together the raspberries, remaining caster sugar and the lemon zest until smooth. Mix the syrup and 200ml of the lemon juice into the raspberry purée and press the mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl to remove all the seeds. Chill until needed.
- Just before serving, mix with 1 litre chilled fizzy water. Serve over ice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Get the kids to make this easy lemonade recipe. The refreshing drink goes down well...
Easy homemade lemonade
A quick and easy summer classic, this fool-proof homemade lemonade recipe will become a favourite...