Easy sweetcorn fritters
- Unwins supplement in March 2017
- Serves 4 (makes 10-12)
- Hands-on time 30 min
These sweetcorn fritters, served with an avocado salsa, make a perfect weekend brunch. These are really easy to prepare and very quick to make – so if you find yourself with a crowd to feed…
- 7.4g (1.6g saturated)
- 9g (1.5g sugars)
Per fritter (for 12)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- 2-3 tbsp whole milk (optional)
- 2 sweetcorn, kernels removed with a sharp knife
- Bunch spring onions, sliced
- Olive oil for frying
- Handful cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and soured cream, then mix gradually using a wooden spoon, adding the milk if the mixture seems a little thick. Mix in the sweetcorn and half the spring onions.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry a heaped tbsp of the mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the remaining spring onions as a salsa, season and serve with the fritters.
Recipe from our special supplement in association with Unwins’ Bursting with Flavour range.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with...
Smoked haddock and sweetcorn chowder
A quick and easy chowder recipe that only costs £4.96 to make for four hungry...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...