Crab and sweetcorn hash with watercress
- April 2015
- 800g floury potatoes, chopped into small chunks
- A couple of good glugs of olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 2 x 185g tins sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 100g watercress
- 2 large handfuls mixed fresh herbs such as chives, basil and parsley
- 200g mixed crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Boil the potatoes for 5-6 minutes until just cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, fry the onions for 3-4 minutes until softened a little. Stir through the paprika and cook for 2 minutes more, then put on a plate. Add another glug of oil to the pan. Add the potatoes with plenty of seasoning, then fry, turning occasionally, for 6-7 minutes until starting to crisp and turn golden in patches.
- Add the sweetcorn to the pan, tossing to combine. Fry for 2 minutes, then tip the paprika onions back into the pan and mix.
- Stir through the watercress, herbs and crabmeat. Taste and season, then serve immediately with the lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...