Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
- April 2016
- Serves 4 (makes 12 fritters)
- Hands-on 35 min
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with a dollop of tarragon yogurt and a crisp salad.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.4g (3.2g saturated)
- 36.8g (12.8g sugars)
- 90g self-raising flour
- 100ml milk
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika (also called pimentón dulce)
- 2 x 340g tins sweetcorn in water, drained
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
For the tarragon yogurt
- 150g natural yogurt
- Small handful tarragon, roughly chopped
- Juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Green salad to serve
- Put the flour into a medium mixing bowl, then add the milk slowly, mixing it in using a balloon whisk. Add the egg and stir until fully incorporated, then stir in the paprika, sweetcorn, spring onions, crushed garlic and chopped red chilli.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spoon 3-4 ladlefuls of batter into the pan at a time, to make 3-4 fritters, then fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping them over when they’re golden underneath. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper while you make the rest, adding oil to the pan each time.
- Mix the yogurt with the tarragon and lemon juice in a bowl and serve alongside the fritters, with a green salad and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...