- July 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus freezing
Refreshing, citrussy granita is the perfect light dessert to end a heavy meal. We’ve used the flavours of classic negroni cocktail to make this Italian treat.
- 25.5g (25.5g sugars)
- 800ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100ml Campari
- 25ml gin
- 25ml red vermouth
- 100ml lemon juice, strained
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- Stir all the ingredients in a large jug or bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a freezer-proof container. Put the lid on and freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from the freezer and break up the ice crystals with a fork. Freeze again and repeat the process 2-3 times. Spoon the granita into chilled glasses to serve.
The granita will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Fork through before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Zabaglione with amaretti biscuits
Zabaglione (or sometimes, zabaione) is a light, foamy Italian dessert recipe made by whisking eggs...