- July 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus freezing
Refreshing, citrussy granita is the perfect light dessert to end a heavy meal. We’ve used the flavours of classic negroni cocktail to make this Italian treat.
- 25.5g (25.5g sugars)
- 800ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100ml Campari
- 25ml gin
- 25ml red vermouth
- 100ml lemon juice, strained
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- Stir all the ingredients in a large jug or bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a freezer-proof container. Put the lid on and freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from the freezer and break up the ice crystals with a fork. Freeze again and repeat the process 2-3 times. Spoon the granita into chilled glasses to serve.
The granita will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Fork through before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Torta di riso
An Italian-style torta di riso cake recipe inspired by the British love of rice pudding.
Amaretti tortoni with orange brandy snaps
This quick, creamy amaretti dessert recipe served with orange brandy snaps looks impressive but is...