Fillet of beef with chilli, lemon and cumin rub
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 30-40 mins cooking time
This simple spicy beef fillet recipe is cooked in a fragrant chilli, lemon and cumin rub. It makes a perfect dinner party main course for four people.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 350-400g piece beef fillet
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- French fries, to serve
- Take the beef fillet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub with a mixture made from the zest of 1 lemon, crushed chillies, cumin seeds, sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 30-40 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes, carve thickly and serve with French fries.
Rate & review