Gingerbread Manhattan cocktail
- January 2012
For the cocktail (makes 1)
- 35ml bourbon
- 15ml red vermouth
- 15ml white vermouth
- 15ml gin
- 25ml spice syrup (see below)
- A few splashes of Angostura Orange Bitters or Angostura Bitters
For the spice syrup (makes 225ml, enough for 9 cocktails)
- 200ml water
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1 orange, quartered, plus 1 extra, peeled for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves, lightly crushed
- ¼ whole fresh nutmeg, broken with a hammer or rolling pin
- 20g fresh ginger, sliced
- Gently simmer all the ingredients for the syrup together for 30 minutes. Leave to cool completely, then strain into a jug.
- Shake all the ingredients for the cocktail in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a Martini glass and garnish with orange peel and a cinnamon stick.
Put the finished, cooled syrup in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This classic winter cocktail is based on the comforting sweet ’n’ spicy flavours of American...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...