Gnocchi with lemon, kale and mascarpone pesto
- November 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Bright, zesty lemon pairs perfectly with bitter kale, salty pancetta lardons and creamy mascarpone in this easy, midweek gnocchi recipe.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this, take a look at all our gnocchi recipes.
- 17.4g (10g saturated)
- 39.6g (5.7g sugars)
- 60g kale
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- Handful each fresh basil and flatleaf parsley leaves
- 100g mascarpone
- Finely grated zest and juice
- 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 25g parmesan
- 60g smoked pancetta lardons
- 400g gnocchi
- Extra lemon juice and extra grated parmesan (optional)
- Put the kale and peas in a colander in the sink, then pour over a kettle of boiling water. Wait for 1 minute, then rinse and refresh under cold water.
- Transfer to a food processor with the basil and parsley, the mascarpone, lemon zest and juice, salt and parmesan. Whizz to a pesto consistency (not completely smooth), then taste and season with more salt and cracked black pepper. (If you don’t have a processor, you can use a pestle and mortar.)
- Fry the pancetta in a frying pan over a high heat, stirring regularly, until brown and crisp.
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes until they float to the top and are cooked through. Drain, then add to the pancetta pan with the pesto. Toss well to combine, then taste and season. Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon juice and extra grated parmesan, if you like.
Make the pesto up to 48 hours in advance or freeze in a small sealed container for up to 1 month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...