Gnocchi with red pepper and parsley pesto and blue cheese
- April 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This vegetarian gnocchi recipe is cheesy and nutty, with a hint of chilli. An Italian recipe that’s a comfort and an indulgence.
- 541 kcals
- 31.8g (10.7g saturated)
- 45.9g (1.3g sugar)
- 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 75g grated vegetarian ‘Parmesan’
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- 40ml olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 500g potato gnocchi
- 25g pine nuts
- 75g vegetarian blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the peppers, chilli, parsley, garlic, Parmesan and mascarpone in a blender and whizz together. Season, then gently pour in the olive oil through the feeder tube until it forms a luscious sauce. Set aside.
- Drop the gnocchi into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes until they float to the surface. Drain. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and fry the gnocchi for 3 minutes until lightly golden. Stir in the sauce and warm through for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Pour into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the pine nuts, crumble over the blue cheese, then grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve with a green salad.
The red pepper sauce would also be brilliant with filled tortellini pasta instead of gnocchi.
To freeze: make the gnocchi up until the end of step 2, cool, then freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost, reheat, then finish the recipe.
Rate & review