Goan chicken curry
- June 2015
- 200g basmati rice
- 2 British free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fiery Goan curry kit (currently available from Waitrose only) or another Spice Tailor curry kit (available at Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco)
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt, plus extra
- Spice Tailor Pack of 2 Flame Baked plain naans
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- Spice Tailor Sweet Tamarind Chutni, or similar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with 400ml cold water, then bring to the boil. Turn the heat as low as you can, cover, then simmer for 12-15 minutes until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chicken. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium- high heat, add the kit’s spices and cook for 20 seconds, stirring. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Add the kit’s spice paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and yogurt. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Warm the naans in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Serve the curry with the rice, topped with yogurt and coriander (if using), with the Chutni and naans on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...