Maas vindaloo, Goan spiced pork
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 45 minutes
This Indian Maas vindaloo recipe, or Goan spiced pork, isn’t too hot despite it being a vindaloo.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp Patak’s Vindaloo Curry Paste
- 450g pork fillet, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and green chillies along with the peppers and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the vindaloo paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add the pork and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix in 2 tablespoons water, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the pork is tender and cooked through. Add a little extra water if too thick, or reduce slightly if too thin.
- Serve the spiced pork with steamed basmati rice and Patak’s Brinjal Aubergine Pickle.
Rate & review