Hot-smoked salmon and baby leek frittata
- October 2012
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Midweek dinner doesn’t get easier than frittata – this one-pan recipe combines smoked salmon and leeks with a few cheat’s ingredients so there’s even less washing up.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 20g butter, plus a knob extra
- 100g Waitrose Ready To Go Onion, or similar
- 110g pack Waitrose Baby Leeks, or similar, sliced lengthways
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- Bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 160g Waitrose Hot Smoked Salmon Fillets, or similar, skinned and cut into chunks
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Set a 20cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and melt the knob of butter. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Meanwhile plunge the leeks into a pan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds to soften. Drain, then add to the pan of onions and cook for another couple of minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Gently beat the eggs with some seasoning and most of the dill, then stir in the smoked salmon, onion and leeks. Heat the remaining butter in the same frying pan until foaming, then pour in the egg mixture. Stir well with a spatula, then leave to settle over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes. When it begins to set, put under the grill and cook for a couple of minutes until puffed and golden.
- Slide the frittata onto a chopping board, scatter with the remaining dill, then cut into wedges and serve with crusty bread.
Next time, make it veggie by replacing the salmon and dill with ready-roasted red peppers, chopped, and crumbly goat’s cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot-smoked salmon and parsley fishcakes with lemon mayonnaise and homemade chips
Forget fish and chips, we’re all about these easy hot-smoked salmon fishcakes served with a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...