Chorizo and sprouting broccoli frittata
- April 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
Make the most of that bit of smokey chorizo, add sprouting broccoli and eggs and you’ve got a frittata (or Spanish omelette) for a quick and simple midweek dinner.
- 35.5g (15.4g saturated)
- 3.1g (2.6g sugars)
- 200g cooking chorizo
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 stalks of trimmed sprouting broccoli
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 50ml double cream
- 50g grated gruyère
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and crumble the meat into a hot, lightly oiled frying pan. Fry over a medium heat until crisp, adding the garlic clove for the last 30-40 seconds (be careful it doesn’t burn).
- Blanch the sprouting broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Whisk the eggs, double cream and 50g grated gruyère. Season.
- Layer an ovenproof frying pan, greased with butter, with the sprouting broccoli. Pour over the egg mixture, scatter with chorizo and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until almost set. Finish off under the grill until golden, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...