New potato, bean and mozzarella frittata
- July 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, grill time 5 min
As this vegetarian frittata cooks, the mozzarella becomes melted and stringy. It’s great for a quick, easy dinner but it’s just as good eaten cold for lunch the next day.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 24.9g (8.6g saturated)
- 23.9g (4.9g sugars)
- 500g new potatoes, quartered
- Oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, or 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 8 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 125g mozzarella ball, drained
- Turn the grill to medium-high. Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 23cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan, heat a drizzle of oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5-8 minutes until softening. Add the chilli and most of the rosemary, then season with salt and pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes more, then add the green beans and cook for a minute. Drain the potatoes well, add them to the pan and turn the heat to low. Pour the beaten egg into the pan, then shake and tip the pan a little to make sure the egg coats everything evenly. Tear the mozzarella ball into pieces and scatter on top.
- Fry the frittata for about 5 minutes on a medium heat to set the egg at the bottom of the pan. Put the pan under the hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until the frittata is just set. The mozzarella will release a little liquid as it melts, so don’t mistake this liquid for runny egg. Keep a close eye on the frittata as grills vary in heat and this dish is best when the eggs have only just set – cook it too long and it will dry out.
Flake hot-smoked salmon into the pan just before pouring over the egg.
Leftover frittata is good eaten cold. Wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...