Green noodle and tofu salad with ginger and tamari dressing
- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Change up your salad game with this Asian-inspired recipe. On the table and ready to eat in 30 minutes – a great addition to your midweek dinner repertoire.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 56.5g (4.2g sugars)
- 300g buckwheat noodles
- 350g broccoli florets, halved
- 160g marinated tofu (we used Cauldron), crumbled
- 200g baby leaf spinach
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
For the dressing
- 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the packet instructions (about 5 minutes). Add the broccoli to the pan for the last 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for 5-6 minutes to rinse off any starch and to cool everything down.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the tofu and dry fry (without oil) for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and season the dressing (tamari is quite salty so you may not need to add any extra salt). Combine the cooked ingredients with the spinach, avocados and dressing in a large bowl, then serve straightaway, sprinkled with chopped coriander, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Warm salad of fried tofu, broccoli, romanesco and miso
This healthy vegan winter salad will brighten up cold days: the romanesco florets bring a...
Wild rice salad with peas, pea shoots and green harissa
A summery, vegetarian rice salad recipe full of fresh flavours and with a kick of...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...