Halloween jelly worms
- Online only
- Makes lots of worms
- Hands-on time 30 minutes, plus at least 4 hours setting
Wiggly jelly worms are a must for any Halloween party and these couldn’t be simpler to make.
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 135g pack Hartley’s orange jelly
- 250ml boiling water
- 150ml cold water
- 1tsp edible gold glitter
- Lots of straws
- Oreo biscuits, whites removed then crushed
- A sprig of rosemary, leaves removed
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Cut the jelly into cubes in a bowl. Squeeze the water from the gelatine leaves and add to the bowl then pour over the boiling water stirring to completely dissolve. When the lumps have gone stir through the cold water and glitter. Allow to cool completely (this way the gold glitter won’t completely sink to the bottom).
- Meanwhile stretch out your straws so the bendy bit is as full as it can be then find a long glass to put them in. You should have enough so they fit snuggly. If they don’t, tie the straws together with string or an elastic band. Once the jelly is cool pour into your glass then add the straws – bendy bit first as this will be your wiggly worm. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight until the jelly has set.
- To serve, add the crushed Oreos onto a plate or board, then add the sprigs of rosemary. Remove the straws from the jelly, quickly run the straws under warm water, then push the worms out onto the Oreo ‘mud’.
Try experimenting with different flavours of jelly. Try the lime jelly and add 150ml double cream instead of water and a squeeze of lime to make it even more tangy. Then, once set, roll in caster sugar for a sweet and sour effect.
Rate & review