Harissa lamb tacos
- July 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g good-quality lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp Belazu Rose Harissa, or similar
- 350ml water
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 4 Old El Paso Taco Shells (widely available), or similar
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped, plus a few small leaves
- 200g Rachel’s Organic Greek Style Natural Yogurt, or similar
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- Handful of green olives to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the lamb mince and season well. Fry, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes over a medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring, until the lamb is nicely browned and the onion is softened. Stir through the harissa and cook for a couple more minutes, then pour over the water and simmer for 10 minutes until sticky. Squeeze over 2 of the lime quarters.
- Meanwhile, heat the taco shells according to the pack instructions and stir the chopped mint into the yogurt. Spoon the harissa lamb into warmed tacos and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with the mint yogurt, olives and remaining lime wedges, and sprinkle over a few whole mint leaves to garnish.
To make the mince go further in this recipe, add a small can of kidney beans when you add the harissa.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter