Hot sausage pittas with caramelised onions and mustard mayo
- August 2005
- 200ml jar light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 12 good-quality pork and herb sausages
- 6 flatbreads, pitta breads or flour tortillas
- Small bag of rocket leaves
- Caramelised onions, to serve
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper, then season to taste. Put into a Tupperware box and pop in a cool box.
- At the beach, light the barbecue, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook the sausages on the hot barbecue for 10-12 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until cooked through. Lightly barbecue the breads for about 30 seconds each side. Top with some rocket, 2 hot sausages, caramelised onions and a good dollop of the mustard mayonnaise to finish.
You can also cook the sausages in the oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 25-30 minutes. Warm the flatbreads in a pan for 30 seconds each side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy pork meatball pittas with harissa mayo and sweet potatoes
These spicy pork meatballs in pittas are perfect finger food and they can also be...