Hot sausage pittas with caramelised onions and mustard mayo
- August 2005
- 200ml jar light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 12 good-quality pork and herb sausages
- 6 flatbreads, pitta breads or flour tortillas
- Small bag of rocket leaves
- Caramelised onions, to serve
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper, then season to taste. Put into a Tupperware box and pop in a cool box.
- At the beach, light the barbecue, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook the sausages on the hot barbecue for 10-12 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until cooked through. Lightly barbecue the breads for about 30 seconds each side. Top with some rocket, 2 hot sausages, caramelised onions and a good dollop of the mustard mayonnaise to finish.
You can also cook the sausages in the oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 25-30 minutes. Warm the flatbreads in a pan for 30 seconds each side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy pork meatball pittas with harissa mayo and sweet potatoes
These spicy pork meatballs in pittas are perfect finger food and they can also be...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...