- October 2009
- Serves 8-10
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus overnight chilling
This Irish cream tiramisu recipe is a delicious take on an Italian classic, and makes the most of wonderful, creamy Baileys liqueur.
- 27.1g (17.2g saturated)
- 37.7g (28.5g sugars)
- 350ml espresso coffee (made with 9 tsp instant espresso), cooled
- 250ml Baileys
- 300g packet savoiardi biscuits or sponge fingers
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 2½ tsp cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee with 175ml of the Baileys in a shallow bowl. Dip the biscuits into this liquid; let them soak on each side, enough to become damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of a 23cm square glass dish with half the soaked biscuits. Reserve the rest of the soaked biscuits on a plate.
- Separate the eggs, but keep only 1 of the whites. Whisk the 2 yolks and the sugar together until thick and pale yellow, then fold in the remaining Baileys and the mascarpone.
- Whisk the egg white until thick and frothy. Fold the egg white into the yolky mascarpone, then spread half of this on top of the biscuit layer.
- Repeat with a layer of soaked savoiardi, then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture. Cover the dish with cling film and chill overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, push the cocoa powder through a small tea strainer to dust over the tiramisu.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...