- October 2009
- Serves 8-10
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus overnight chilling
This Irish cream tiramisu recipe is a delicious take on an Italian classic, and makes the most of wonderful, creamy Baileys liqueur.
- 27.1g (17.2g saturated)
- 37.7g (28.5g sugars)
- 350ml espresso coffee (made with 9 tsp instant espresso), cooled
- 250ml Baileys
- 300g packet savoiardi biscuits or sponge fingers
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 2½ tsp cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee with 175ml of the Baileys in a shallow bowl. Dip the biscuits into this liquid; let them soak on each side, enough to become damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of a 23cm square glass dish with half the soaked biscuits. Reserve the rest of the soaked biscuits on a plate.
- Separate the eggs, but keep only 1 of the whites. Whisk the 2 yolks and the sugar together until thick and pale yellow, then fold in the remaining Baileys and the mascarpone.
- Whisk the egg white until thick and frothy. Fold the egg white into the yolky mascarpone, then spread half of this on top of the biscuit layer.
- Repeat with a layer of soaked savoiardi, then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture. Cover the dish with cling film and chill overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, push the cocoa powder through a small tea strainer to dust over the tiramisu.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter