Jersey royal tartiflette
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in about 1 hour
This luxurious French tartiflette recipe has been given a British makeover with the addition of Jersey royal potatoes. It makes a perfect (and indulgent) midweek supper.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- 45.1g (24.2g saturated)
- 23g (3.5g sugars)
- 500g jersey royal potatoes, or similar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g reblochon cheese, sliced
- 150ml double cream
- Green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Cook the jersey royals in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and thickly slice.
- Heat the olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan and fry the lardons until starting to crisp. Stir in the onion and fry until tender. Add the garlic and the boiled potatoes, season and mix well.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the potato mixture with the cheese. Pour over the cream and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
April seasonal recipes
Jersey royal, smoked cheddar and spring onion cakes
Can you make potato cakes with jersey royals? Yes, yes you can. Make the most...