Cheesy quesadillas with tomato, red pepper and avocado salsa
- August 2018
- Serves 4 as a light snack
- Hands-on time 30 min
These quick quesadillas make a cracking crowdpleaser and only take half an hour to make.
- 28.7g (9.3g saturated)
- 26.6g (3.9g sugars)
- 2 chopped ripe avocados
- 250g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch chopped fresh coriander
- 1 sliced shallot
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g grated cheddar
- 50g sliced roasted red peppers
- ½ tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 4 small corn tortillas
- Soured cream, to serve
- Mix the avocados, cherry tomatoes, coriander, shallot, the zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the cheddar, roasted red peppers, chipotle chilli flakes and some black pepper. Divide the mixture between 2 small corn tortillas and top with 2 more small corn tortillas.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat and toast the quesadillas for 2 minutes on each side until golden, crisp and oozy. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the salsa and soured cream.
Try the salsa served spooned over a bowlful of nachos, or with a beef burger or some grilled chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter