Mexican veggie and tortilla soup
- Online only
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, simmering time 15 min
What if you could have a soup that tasted like nachos? Well now you can. Full of vibrant Mexican flavours, this vegetarian soup is topped with tortilla chips and ready in a flash.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stockpot dissolved in 300ml boiling water (we like Knorr)
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 40g lightly salted tortilla chips
- 1 can kidney beans, strained
To serve, optional
- 30g cheddar cheese, grated and ½ avocado, diced
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry onion until soft (1-2 minutes). Add pepper and fry a further 1 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chipotle sauce, stock and sweetcorn. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with the tortilla chips, and top with cheese and avocado if using.
Recipe from Knorr.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spiced vegetable soup with lentils and roasted chilli
This comforting Indian soup recipe is packed with flavourful roasted chillies and topped with a...