Lamb cutlets with roasted aubergine, peanuts and mint
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 35-45 min
Juicy lamb cutlets are paired with roasted aubergine, peanut and mint to make a great-tasting, fuss-free dinner.
In need of some midweek meal inspiration? Take a look at our quick midweek meals.
- 25.6g (7.5g saturated)
- 48.4g (16.9g sugars)
- 3 large aubergines (roughly 1kg), each cut into 6 long wedges
- 1 ½ tbsp light olive oil
- 8 small British lamb cutlets
- 150g pearl barley
- 65g roasted unsalted peanuts
- 65g raisins
- ½ cucumber, roughly peeled and sliced
- Large handful fresh mint leaves (add some coriander and/or basil too, if you like)
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Rub the aubergines with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a large roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes cooking time add the lamb cutlets to the tray, then roast for 15 minutes more for medium-rare (or 5-10 minutes longer if you prefer your lamb medium to well-done).
- Meanwhile, put the pearl barley in a large frying pan and set over a medium heat. Toast for around 5-10 minutes, tilting and shaking the pan often to stop it from burning. Cool, then mix with the peanuts, raisins, cucumber and mint.
- If you’re planning to make the frittata recipe another day, set aside a third of the aubergines (cover and chill until for up to 3 days). Arrange the lamb and remaining aubergines on a platter with the barley salad, then drizzle with any cooking juices and serve with lime wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Herby lamb cutlets with cannellini bean mash
This quick lamb recipe looks as impressive as top restaurant...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter