Lamb kofta kebabs
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
A healthier version of that takeaway classic, this kebab recipe has all the taste without the grease.
- 500g organic lamb mince
- 1 tbsp Moroccan spice mix (we used Schwartz)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra for the salad
- 4 tbsp apricot jam, warmed
- 3 tbsp houmous
- 150g natural yogurt
- Warm pittas, to serve (we used Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference Mixed Olive Pittas)
- Salad and sliced red onion, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the mince, spice mix, spring onion and the coriander. Season. Shape into 32 balls and thread 4 onto each skewer. Grill or barbecue for 10-15 minutes, turning, until cooked. Just before they are ready, brush with the jam.
- Mix the houmous and yogurt in a bowl. Season. Accompany the kebabs with pittas, salad, sliced red onion sprinkled with coriander and the houmous dressing.
Rate & review