Lemon and lavender possets
- September 2013
- Serves 8
- Takes 5 minutes to make, plus 2 hours chilling
This easy recipe for lemon and lavender possets takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
- 40.3g (25g saturated)
- 18.7g (18.3g sugars)
- no fibre
- trace salt
- 600ml double cream
- 8 tbsp lavender sugar (from Sainsbury’s or cotswoldlavender.co.uk; see tip)
- Zest of ½ lemon and juice of 1-2 (about 140ml)
- Lavender sprigs to decorate (optional)
- Put the double cream and lavender sugar (see tip) in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then cook for 2½ minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Strain the mixture into pretty glasses or small teacups, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours until set. Serve decorated with a sprig or two of lavender, if you wish.
If floral flavours aren’t your thing, use caster sugar and top with fresh raspberries.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian lemon pudding
In Italy this dessert is known as ‘sbriciolata alla crema di limone’. The literal translation...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...