Lemon and lavender possets
- September 2013
- Serves 8
- Takes 5 minutes to make, plus 2 hours chilling
This easy recipe for lemon and lavender possets takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
- 40.3g (25g saturated)
- 18.7g (18.3g sugars)
- no fibre
- trace salt
- 600ml double cream
- 8 tbsp lavender sugar (from Sainsbury’s or cotswoldlavender.co.uk; see tip)
- Zest of ½ lemon and juice of 1-2 (about 140ml)
- Lavender sprigs to decorate (optional)
- Put the double cream and lavender sugar (see tip) in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then cook for 2½ minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Strain the mixture into pretty glasses or small teacups, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours until set. Serve decorated with a sprig or two of lavender, if you wish.
If floral flavours aren’t your thing, use caster sugar and top with fresh raspberries.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...