Lemon and rosemary cakes
- April 2006
- Makes 10
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to bake, plus cooling and decorating
Everyone loves a cupcake and these prettier-than-pretty beauties are made to share. The lemon gives them a lovely light flavour.
- 9.8g (5.6g saturated)
- 34.1g (26.4g sugars)
- 100g spreadable butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus rosemary blossom, to decorate
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g icing sugar
- Pink, blue and yellow food colourings
- 50g coloured sugar eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Line a bun tin with 10 paper cake cases.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, chopped rosemary, zest and milk in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric whisk until smooth. Divide between the paper cake cases, until about three-quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until risen, golden and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with about 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Divide the icing between 3 bowls and add a drop of food colouring to each. Drizzle a teaspoonful of the coloured icings onto the cakes – one colour per cake. Put a sprig of rosemary blossom and a sugar egg onto each. Keep in a cake tin for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...