Baked vanilla and lemon cheesecake with marinated strawberries
- July 2010
- Serves 8
- 30min to make, 40-50min to cook, plus cooling and marinating
Our baked cheesecake recipe is a favourite summer dessert: it looks impressive and is easy to make. It needs to be really cold, so make it the day before and prepare the topping on the day.
- 45.6g (26.9g saturated)
- 38.2g (24.7g sugars)
- 12 digestive biscuits
- 50g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 large free-range eggs, plus
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract, or seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- 170ml tub soured cream
- Single cream for serving
For the marinated strawberries
- 450g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tbsp Cointreau
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp caster sugar or honey
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Put the digestives into a small plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin, or whizz for a minute in a food processor. Mix with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Put the rest of the cheesecake ingredients into a large bowl and beat or whisk until light and fluffy. Pour on top of the biscuit base.
- Place the tin on a baking tray in the middle of the oven for 40-50 minutes until firm but slightly wobbly in the middle. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in it to cool (don’t worry if it cracks). When cool, carefully remove from the tin. Chill.
- Quarter the strawberries. Put in a bowl with the Cointreau, orange zest and juice, mint and sugar. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. To serve, spoon the strawberries over the cheesecake and serve with single cream.
Doves Farm Organic Digestives (from Waitrose) are less sweet than most and are good in this dish.
Recipe taken from Sarah Raven’s Food for Friends & Family, published by Bloomsbury, priced £30.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...