Quick plaice with lemon parsley butter and crushed potatoes
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
This healthy plaice recipe, served with lemon parsley butter and crushed potatoes, is perfect for a quick midweek meal for two. Plaice are usually in season from around June in the UK.
Get more summer dinner inspiration with our June seasonal recipes collection,
- 300g small new potatoes
- Small pack fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 x 150g plaice fillets with skin
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 25g butter
- Boil potatoes, halved, in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and roughly crush with a fork. Season and stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil and a handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley.
- Meanwhile, season plaice fillets and dust with a little plain flour. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the fish, skin-side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to 2 serving plates.
- Melt butter in the hot pan, stir in the juice of ½ lemon, a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and some seasoning. Drizzle over the plaice and spoon the potatoes alongside. Serve with the remaining ½ lemon, cut into wedges, and cooked broccoli, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Plaice and tartare sauce
A lovely fish recipe with homemade tartare sauce. All you need now is a generous...
Herb-crusted fish with parmesan butter and lemon rice
A simple and impressive fish supper with a crunchy, herby crust and zingy lemon rice.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...