Quick plaice with lemon parsley butter and crushed potatoes
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
This healthy plaice recipe, served with lemon parsley butter and crushed potatoes, is perfect for a quick midweek meal for two. Plaice are usually in season from around June in the UK.
Get more summer dinner inspiration with our June seasonal recipes collection,
- 300g small new potatoes
- Small pack fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 x 150g plaice fillets with skin
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 25g butter
- Boil potatoes, halved, in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and roughly crush with a fork. Season and stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil and a handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley.
- Meanwhile, season plaice fillets and dust with a little plain flour. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the fish, skin-side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to 2 serving plates.
- Melt butter in the hot pan, stir in the juice of ½ lemon, a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and some seasoning. Drizzle over the plaice and spoon the potatoes alongside. Serve with the remaining ½ lemon, cut into wedges, and cooked broccoli, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Plaice and tartare sauce
A lovely fish recipe with homemade tartare sauce. All you need now is a generous...
Herb-crusted fish with parmesan butter and lemon rice
A simple and impressive fish supper with a crunchy, herby crust and zingy lemon rice.