Pork and pineapple rice bowl
- October 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
This pork and pienapple rice bowl is a super-fast midweek dinner that’s on the table in 10 minutes. It would work just as well with chicken or turkey mince. For a vegan/veggie supper, substitute strips of tofu.
For something with a little more crunch, try this crispy pork with coriander rice.
- 20.2g (3.9g saturated)
- 57.3g (13.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g outdoor-reared free-range pork fillet, sliced (see Tips)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 small pineapple, peeled and chopped into small 1cm pieces
- 2 x 250g pre-cooked basmati rice pouches
- 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce (or use regular or low-salt soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Large handful coriander, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- Steamed pak choi to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the pork until just browned, then add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the spring onions and pineapple for 2 minutes over a high heat, then turn off the heat. Return the pork, ginger and garlic mixture along with any juices to the pan.
- Microwave the rice pouches according to the pack instructions. Add to the pan with the soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped coriander and lime juice and zest. Serve with steamed pak choi and lime wedges for squeezing over.
This would work just as well with chicken or turkey mince. For a vegan/veggie suppler, substitute strips of tofu.
Rate & review