Marinated lamb cutlets with smoky chickpeas
- December 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 45 minutes
Make the most of some storecupboard tins, as this lamb cutlet recipe gets the Moroccan treatment with the addition of smoky chickpeas. The smokiness comes from a good dollop of chipotle paste.
- 21.5g (6.4g saturated)
- 20g (1g sugars)
For the lamb cutlets
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 30ml olive oil
- 12 lamb cutlets
For the smoky chickpeas
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley
- For the marinade, combine the thyme leaves, garlic, zest, lemon and olive oil. Season well.
- Put the lamb cutlets into a bowl or roasting tray and coat with the marinade. Leave for 30 minutes, turning once to coat again in the marinade.
- In a pan, heat chickpeas with a small splash of hot vegetable stock until tender. Drain and stir through the chipotle paste and natural yogurt. Take off the heat, then stir through the parsley. Season well.
- Fry the lamb cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side, in batches if need be, on a hot griddle then serve with the chickpeas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan lamb cutlets
These Moroccan-inspired lamb cutlets make lovely canapés, sure to impress at your next dinner party.
Herby lamb cutlets with cannellini bean mash
This quick lamb recipe looks as impressive as top restaurant food but is very simple...