- December 2010
- Makes enough for a 23cm round cake
- Ready in 30 minutes
Make your own marzipan to cover your Christmas cake this year using this quick and easy recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 370g ground almonds
- 185g caster sugar
- 185g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A few drops of almond essence (optional)
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- Put the ground almonds in a bowl with the caster sugar and icing sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, almond essence (if using), brandy and lemon juice.
- Make a well in the centre of the sugary ground almonds and add the liquid, then mix with your hands to bring together into a paste.
- Knead for a few minutes until smooth, then wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes or until needed.
Please note: contains raw egg.
Rate & review