Cranberry and marzipan mince pies
- January 2005
- Serves 12
- Ready in fifty minutes, plus chilling time
Cranberry and marzipan mince pies for people with gluten, wheat and dairy allergies.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 7g (1.5g saturated)
- 38g (23.4g sugar)
- 50g golden marzipan
- 350g gluten-free mincemeat (from most supermarkets – check label for details)
- 35g cranberries, thawed if frozen
- Icing sugar, for dusting
For the pastry
- 75g dairy-free sunflower margarine
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g gluten-free plain white flour
- 50g fine cornmeal
- 1 egg yolk
- Make the pastry. Beat together the margarine, caster sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy, then beat in the cinnamon, flour, cornmeal, egg yolk and 1-2 teaspoons of cold water until it comes together as a smooth dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough between 2 large sheets of cling film. Roll out to 5mm thick and remove the cling film. Use an 8cm plain or fluted biscuit cutter to stamp out 12 circles, then use the circles to line a 12-hole bun tin. Re-crumble any of the pastry trimmings and set aside.
- Divide the marzipan into 36 equal-sized pieces and roll into small balls. Spoon a couple of teaspoons of mincemeat into each pastry case and scatter with the cranberries, marzipan balls and remaining pastry crumbs. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake the pies for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool slightly, then carefully remove from the tin. Lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.
This recipe is suitable for people with gluten, wheat and dairy allergies. Gluten-free pastry can be tricky to use and very crumbly, so don’t worry if you have to press the pastry into the tin. Chilling the pastry for 30 minutes in the fridge will make it easier to use.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Almond mince pies
Emine Hassan’s almond mince pies are adapted from a family recipe, made with extra orange...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...