- July 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Whisk yourself away to warmer climes with this quick Mediterranean chicken recipe made with chorizo, tomatoes, butter beans and black olives.
- 14g (4.4g saturated)
- 71g ( 7.7g sugars)
- 150g chorizo, roughly diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, roughly diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- Leaves from a few rosemary sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 75g pitted black olives
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g penne
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over a high heat, add the chorizo. Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned and the oil has begun to run. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion and chicken to the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato, stock and rosemary, bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, butter beans and cooked chorizo. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain. Divide among 4 warmed bowls and top with the chicken sauce.
Rate & review