- July 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Whisk yourself away to warmer climes with this quick Mediterranean chicken recipe made with chorizo, tomatoes, butter beans and black olives.
- 14g (4.4g saturated)
- 71g ( 7.7g sugars)
- 150g chorizo, roughly diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, roughly diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- Leaves from a few rosemary sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 75g pitted black olives
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g penne
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over a high heat, add the chorizo. Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned and the oil has begun to run. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion and chicken to the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato, stock and rosemary, bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, butter beans and cooked chorizo. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain. Divide among 4 warmed bowls and top with the chicken sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...