- February 2004
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 200ml dry white wine or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan180ºC/gas 6. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 4 minutes or until just tender, then drain.
- Brush a large ovenproof dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Tip in the potatoes, garlic and thyme, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sear the salmon fillets in a non-stick pan for 2 minutes on each side. Add the fish to the potatoes, then sprinkle with the lemon juice and zest. Scatter over the capers and the cherry tomatoes, and pour over the wine or stock. Put back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...