Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
- April 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 35 min
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli and asparagus in one tray then popping it in the oven to bake.
- 21.3g (4.9g saturated)
- 45.1g (5.1g sugars)
- 700g unpeeled new potatoes, thinly sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 50g half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Zest 1 lemon, plus wedges
- 4 sustainably sourced salmon fillets, skin removed
- 6 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 230g asparagus, woody ends removed, halved if thick
- 125g pack tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and halved if thick
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Arrange the potato slices in the tray, season and drizzle with oil. Roast for 20 minutes; toss halfway through.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the dijon mustard, dill, lemon zest and seasoning. Set aside.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, then add the salmon fillets. Spoon the crème fraîche mixture evenly over each fillet, then top with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the veg around the salmon and potatoes in the tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 12-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked, the breadcrumbs are golden and the veg are just tender. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Next time: For a more spicy kick add a generous sprinkle or two of chilli flakes to the sliced potatoes in step 1.
You could make this with frozen salmon fillets. Bake in a separate tray in case they release excess moisture.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter