- July 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
This vegetarian spaghetti recipe is bursting with summer flavours and overflowing with goodness.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.5g (2.1g saturated)
- 102.1g (11.2g sugars)
- 0.2g salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways then sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in tomato juice, or chopped tomatoes
- 200g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative) shavings to serve
- Garlic bread to serve
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and courgette, cook for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Half-fill the can with water then pour into the pan. Add the mushrooms. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Stir the pesto into the spaghetti and divide between 4 bowls. Top with the sauce and parmesan shavings.
Rate & review