Vegetarian ragù with rigatoni, feta and basil
- June 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus making the ragù
Make a batch of Elly Pear’s vegetarian ragù in advance and store it in the freezer to avoid 6pm panic. Once defrosted, a bowl of this hearty pasta recipe can be on the table and ready to eat in as little as 10 minutes.
- 17.3g (5.9g saturated)
- 78.7g (7.3g sugars)
- 500g rigatoni
- 4 portions mushroom, lentil and walnut ragù
- Small bunch basil, leaves picked
- 200g feta
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water. While the pasta is cooking, gently reheat the ragù in a saucepan over a low-medium heat until piping hot, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, return it to the pan, tip in the hot ragù and stir in the larger basil leaves, adding a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen if needed.
- Divide among 6 bowls, crumble over the feta, add the smaller basil leaves to decorate and finish with plenty of black pepper.
You could also serve with mashed potatoes or wet polenta.
This recipe uses 4 portions of sauce for 6 people, but if you’re feeling very hungry reheat an extra portion.
Rate & review