Mexican chicken skewers with guacamole
- June 2005
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus marinating
Mexican chicken skewers with guacamole are a great spicy dish to have at your summer barbie. They’re easy to make for crowds of people and the children will love them too.
- 6.5g (1.1g saturated)
- 2g carbs (1.5g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red pepper and 1 small green pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small to medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Small tub guacamole, to serve
- Put the oil, garlic and spices into a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken to the marinade, mix and leave to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 8 bamboo or wooden skewers in cold water for the same time.
- Thread the chicken, peppers and onion alternately onto the skewers. Brush any remaining marinade onto the peppers and onion pieces. Put on a cooking grate and cook directly over a medium heat source for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway.
- Serve with guacamole.
You could cook these kebabs under a medium-hot grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
Rate & review