Microwaved herby, zesty sea bass
- October 2005
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes
The delicate texture of fish is well suited to microwave cooking because it stays moist. Fillets, steaks or whole fish all work well in this simple dish for microwaved herby, zesty fish.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 sea bass, gutted and headless
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp fresh red chilli, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Cut 3 slashes in each side of sea bass (to stop the skin bursting on cooking). Put a few lime slices inside each cavity.
- Strip thyme sprigs and sprinkle the leaves over the fish, along with red chilli. Put into a shallow dish. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the rest of the juice from the lime.
- Cover with cling film and pierce a few times.
- Cook on medium-high (750W) for 5-6 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Leave for 1 minute, season and serve.
For extra flavour, drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon or lime and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...