- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25-30 min
This baguette pizza recipe is one to keep the kids occupied, let them choose their own toppings and get creative in the kitchen.
- 3 small part-baked baguettes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 12 tbsp passata
- Selection of toppings: ham, parma ham, salami, tuna, olives, sliced red and yellow peppers, sliced mushrooms, sliced cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, mozzarella, grated parmesan or pesto
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Bake the baguettes for 12-15 min or until cooked. Halve each baguette lengthways, place on a baking tray and put back into the oven for a further 5 min to crisp up.
- While still warm, rub each baguette half with the cut side of the garlic. Spread each piece with 1 tablespoon of purée, followed by 2 tablespoons of passata.
- Let the children help themselves to the different toppings to create their own combinations.
- Put the pizzas on the baking tray and bake for 6-8 min, until the cheese is melted and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spinach and lemon baguette
This cheesy baguette sandwich can be served hot or cold making it the perfect picnic...
Three-cheese pizza biancas
Nothing beats a homemade pizza. We’ve swapped the usual tomato sauce for cheese, cheese and...