- March 2012
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- 15g fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- (sh)For the seasoning
½ tsp chaat masala (available from Asian grocers, or see tip)
Pinch of red chilli powder
2½ tbsp Greek-style yogurt
¼ tsp salt
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients except the seasoning to a paste. To serve, stir the seasoning through the paste. Store leftovers in the fridge and use within a day.
- Perfect served with Atul’s cauliflower fritters.
Make your own chaat masala by toasting ½ tsp fennel seeds with ½ tsp black peppercorns, 2 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp coriander seeds in a dry frying pan. Grind in a spice blender, then mix with 3 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp garam masala, ½ tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp dried thyme, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and ¼ tsp paprika. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Makes 25g.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork madras with peshwari naan and mango yogurt
Make the best of clever time-saving ingredients with this quick...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter