- February 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick mushroom carbonara pasta dish is the perfect midweek supper – speedy, scrumptious and comforting. Make it with linguine or spaghetti.
(If you prefer veg in your carbonara, you could take a look at our summer veg carbonara, too.)
- Vegetarian recipes
- 24.5g (10.7g saturated)
- 70.7g (4.2g sugars)
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g spaghetti or linguine
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g grana padano cheese (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- Melt the butter with the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the shallots for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the sage and mushrooms to the pan, then fry for 3-4 minutes longer until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan.
- Quickly mix the beaten eggs into the hot saucepan with the pasta, stirring vigorously to coat all the strands, then add the mushroom and shallot mix along with the grated Grana Padano. Season with lots of black pepper, then serve.
Add a splash of cream with the egg if you like it more saucy
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mushroom risotto with bacon
This bacon and mushroom risotto recipe is a quick and scrumptious midweek supper for two.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...