Mushroom risotto with bacon
- November 2010
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chopped Shallots (frozen) or 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 5 streaky bacon rashers, sliced
- 140g Riso Gallo 3 Grains Italian Rice, Spelt and Barley
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock, hot
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the mushrooms and bacon, then fry over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the three-grain rice to the pan with the cooked shallot and garlic mixture. Stir well.
- Add the stock a ladleful at a time, and cook the risotto over a medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring continuously and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Finish with chopped parsley and ground black pepper.
To make this extra-indulgent, stir through blue cheese.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...