Cheat’s creamy mushroom pasta
- December 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
Add Boursin to penne pasta, with mushroom, pancetta and chilli, for a quick creamy mushroom pasta recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
- 200g dried pasta, like penne
- 125g pancetta or bacon lardons (or 6 chopped streaky bacon rashers)
- 4 sliced flat or portabella mushrooms
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Generous splash of olive oil
- 150g Boursin garlic & herbs cheese
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (save some for decoration)
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add pancetta or bacon lardons and fry for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden. Add mushrooms and red chilli. Add olive oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, then reduce the heat slightly.
- Add garlic cheese and a splash of water. Stir until melted, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute to thicken, and season to taste.
- Stir in the cooked pasta with torn basil leaves. Divide between bowls and scatter with more whole basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked pasta with mushrooms, white wine and cream
This vegetarian pasta bake recipe is simple, tasty and ready in less than an hour.
Pasta with chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley pesto
Chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley come together beautifully in this easy, autumnal pesto recipe.