Mushroom, parma ham and mascarpone lasagne
- May 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, about 1¾ hours to cook
Garlicky mushrooms, salty parma ham and creamy mascarpone are added to a pork mince lasagne for a comforting dinner recipe for six people. A perfect dinner party main course, served with garlic bread.
With our step-by-step guide, you can make your own fresh pasta sheets.
- 48.7g (27.1g saturated)
- 34.2g (7.2g sugar)
- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400g good-quality pork mince
- 150ml white wine
- 200ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 large handfuls fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 180g Taleggio, roughly chopped
- 6 Parma ham slices
- 10 (280g) fresh lasagne sheets or buy some ready-made
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 30g dried white breadcrumbs
For the white sauce
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g plain flour
- 300ml whole milk
- 250g mascarpone
- Nutmeg, to grate
- Heat half the butter and half the oil in a large sauté pan over a high heat. Fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes until very soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until browned. Return the mushrooms to the pan, pour in the wine and bubble until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock, season well and bubble for 20 minutes, then stir in half of the parsley.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then add the flour to make a paste (roux). Cook for a few minutes, stirring, then gradually stir in the milk. Add the mascarpone and stir until smooth. Season and grate in nutmeg, to taste.
- Spread half the mince over the base of 2-litre ovenproof dish. Dot with a third of the Taleggio, half the ham, and a layer of lasagne sheets. Spoon over half of the sauce. Repeat the layers, ending with the sauce. Mix the Parmesan, breadcrumbs and remaining parsley together, season, then sprinkle over the lasagne. Dot with the remaining Taleggio. Cool, wrap in cling film, then freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake from frozen for 1 hour until golden on top and piping hot throughout.
Rate & review