Creamy chicken, sorrel and pancetta open lasagne
- May 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 15 min to cook, plus defrosting and reheating
An open lasagne is a classy recipe and this one is brimming with Italian flavours of chicken, sorrel and cream. Use our home-made pasta recipe for a really special dish.
- 35.1g (17.8g saturated)
- 30.1g (2.8g sugar)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 500g free-range chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 70g pancetta cubes
- 50g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300g sorrel (weighed with stalks), roughly chopped, stalks discarded
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 100ml double cream
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 12 (330g) fresh lasagne sheets or buy some ready-made
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden. Add the pancetta and cook for a further 2 minutes until golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter and garlic. Once the butter has melted, add the sorrel and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolk to thicken, then stir in the cream and season well with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, then cool. Transfer to a container, seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost the filling, then transfer to a pan and reheat until piping hot all the way through. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of boiling salted water to the boil. Add the lasagne sheets, in batches, and cook for 1-2 minutes until al dente. Lift out with tongs, drain and drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
- Layer up 3 pasta sheets with the chicken and sauce on each warmed serving plate. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan shavings, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter