One-pot carbonara pasta bake
- January 2021
- Serves 3-4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 15-20 min
This creamy carbonara pasta bake recipe is a no-fuss, one-pot dish that’s perfect for a weeknight meal and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Or, for another quick and easy twist on the classic carbonara, try this carbonara frittata hybrid recipe.
- 42.8g (20.4g saturated)
- 49.8g (3.3g sugars)
- 150ml double cream
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 3 medium free-range egg yolks
- Splash olive oil
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 150g frozen peas
- 250g fresh lasagne sheets, torn into 3-4cm wide shreds
- 45g fresh breadcrumbs
- Small handful fresh basil or parsley leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Whisk the cream, cheese and egg yolks with plenty of freshly ground black pepper until smooth.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a shallow casserole and fry the lardons for 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas, lasagne shreds and 400ml freshly boiled water, stirring well to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking together, then boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the creamy cheese mixture to fully coat and incorporate everything. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve scattered with fresh herbs.
If you can’t find fresh lasagne sheets use an equal quantity of fresh pappardelle or tagliatelle.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Our carbonara recipes include the traditional spaghetti version,...
Quick midweek meals
In need of some midweek meal inspiration? Try...
These one-pot, one-pan and pot-roast recipes require minimal...
Pasta bake recipes
The versatile pasta bake is a comforting, easy...